Tuesday, December 20, 2011

3 Days of Baking

I have been so fortunate with my dear friends and church family. So many of them have trusted or will be trusting me to their special occasion cakes. Recently I had three cake orders for the same weekend. No problem right? I had planned out the entire week. What needs to be done by what day. I am still very new to this. I need to leave myself plenty of time for errors, things gone wrong for no good reason, my children;)

But life happened, and I wasn't able to start as planned. I ended up with three days. So I moved into my kitchen ... computer and all. If anyone wanted or needed me, they knew where to find me.

Basically, it was awful. BUT ... just as I was ready to throw in the towel and go buy everyone cakes from Walmart, bit by bit things started coming together. By Saturday, all the cakes were made and picked up.

I learned a lot. Did I learn to say no to cakes? No way! But I did learn what cakes stack better, what cakes are easier to frost, I learned how to make cake pops, and I learned that when I'm tired I make silly silly mistakes.

I hope that all of that baking will help me to grow in skill. And I thank everyone who gives me these opportunities!


Beyblade Cake


This is a two layer yellow cake with chocolate frosting. The cake is covered and decorated with marshmallow fondant. My idea for this cake is to show the Beyblade stadium with the game pieces ready to fight.

Three tiers of cheer




Two white layer cakes with raspberry almond filling and frosted with a swiss meringue. One traditional chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. All surrounded by dark chocolate balsamic truffles and topped with chocolate cake pops decorated with white chocolate.

Tinkerbell



Two layer jello cake with a swiss meringue. Decorated with buttercream icing with a royal icing Tinkerbell sitting on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment