Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Project 365 - 112

It's no big news that I disappoint easily. I have an awful habit of having, what most would consider, high expectations. Of course I don't believe they are high. For the basics, I expect people to be good, act their age, treat others as they would want to be treated ... expectations along those lines. At times in my life, well really in everyone, more than usual I am being disappointed.

I still like to believe that people have good intentions, they just get off track somehow. Maybe they aren't fortunate enough to have loved ones to help them back to the good, maybe they have experienced something that is making them temporarily negative, maybe they are still young or haven't had many experiences that have forced them to start growing up yet, maybe they have found a friend or a habit that is bringing them down. The possibilities are endless. As unfortunate as all of those reasons may be, it doesn't stop the bad from coming out and it doesn't stop the hurt that is caused from it.

Today is a bit of a bummer. Sunday's are usually uplifting for me. But this Sunday, though it is not a bad day, is another reminder to me of all the truly bad things happening around me. It honestly emotionally overwhelms me.

Of course now I am left with the question of what do I do about it. Do I remove all of this from my life and find the good again somewhere else. Do I do nothing, and just push through in my current situation. Do I attempt to do something about it and help make a change (change which may not be mine to help with). Ugh.

So for now a call to my Mom to complain a bit, a prayer, and a nice glass of wine to temporarily wash away all this nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment