Thursday, January 12, 2012

Project 365 Day 164 - 171

Day 164 - Sweatpants.

I LOVE my sweatpants! If I could wear them everywhere, I would.

Day 165 -
 I wish I could say that I was alpha dog in this house ... but I can't. First comes Rob, Isabella, Anne, Sade, I still haven't figured out if next is Buddy or Arnstein ... then me;)

This picture is showing what happens when Rob is out. Sade becomes a watch dog all of a sudden. I think she believes she has to take over his responsibility while he is gone. Here she is watching the door as if she is ready for whatever may come through.

Crazy dog:)

Day 166 - I am working on a new cucpake. I don't have the exact recipe, so it's going to take a lot of kitchen time (and a lot of failures). But what I am excited about are my ingredients. I'm challenging myself with more complex ingredients. And of course, insteand of just spending the money and buying these new ingredients, I am making them with my own hands and love:)

I've only tried making these cupcakes once, so obviously I have no great results yet. But, I hope to have a success story soon.

Day 167 - Carrabbas.
Rob and I love Carrabbas. Not only do they serve great Italian food, but they bring many sentimental memories to mind. We are slowly growing out of our sitting, eating, and drinking phase in life. But we will always enjoy a nice meal, some great converstaion, a glass of wine (or martini), and some romantic time spent with just the two of us.

Day 168 - I am not, nor will I ever be southern. Not in my heart at least. But, I do have to say that very slowly but surely, the south has been growing on me. First, my children are southern;) Second the weather. Third are the people I have met. And last but not least, the food. Our friends Carrie and Chris were kind enough to invite us over for some food and sports (no worries, the sports still aren't growing on me ... just the food;), and the food was sooo yummy. And get this ... spicy too. At least says me and Isabella. I may not know who was playing what game on tv that night, but I do remember some very yummy food:)

Day 169 - We went to visit the state house today which is something I've always wanted to do. At the state house was a monument built in 2001 that shows the suffering and achievements of the African American culture. Not only do I think the sculpture was beautifully made, but it was nice to see something at our state house that represents many of those who sacrificed for this great city who weren't powerful white slave owners.

To make it even better, this rose was already there. Someone still cares enough to leave such a pretty flower. So of course, I took a picture:)


 Day 170 - Wouldn't it be nice if people did this? It amazes me how much people care about "their land". Even people who don't own, but rent. Some keep their land looking pretty, some keep it looking presentable, but most just basically care about it being treated with respect. And why wouldn't they? It's theirs and they want it treated right. Is the earth not ours to care for though? Next time you throw trash on the ground, out your car window (and yes, that includes cigarette butts), or in the water ... let me know and I can bring my dogs over to poop on your lawn.


Day 171 - I love picking people up from the airport, but I hate dropping them off. I think that everyone I love and care for should move here;) But that's not likely to happen. So, I will just continue enjoying my family and friends who love us enough to visit our crazy house when they can:)

Love you guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment