Tuesday, November 08, 2011

The Great Outdoors

The great outdoors ... more like our very messy backyard.

Instead of making a big mess by digging through our arts & crafts drawers looking for something to do, I thought, let's go find some new things to craft with ... for free:) So, I put the girls jackets on and we went out back. Something I rarely do being that me and the great outdoors don't really see eye to eye.


I gave each one of my daughters a bag and told them to go at it. They really had a great time looking for things to craft with. And to my pleasant surprise, they didn't bring in anything that was once alive or worse.







After all the time we had spent outside, our hours for fun were becoming limited. So I needed a craft that wasn't too complex. So I decided to try painting the pine cones. I pained mine red and the girls painted theirs green. Then I got really daring and brought out the glitter. I sprinkled mine with silver, my two year old Anne sprinkled hers with purple, and my three year old glitter freak ... Isabella threw handfuls of red on hers.


Did I avoid an arts & crafts mess? No ... especially since glitter was involved. But we had a great time. I'm looking forward to figuring out what to do with the rest of our fall collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment