Saturday, December 31, 2011

Project 365 - Day 1 - 9

Day 1 - The start of my journey through photography. The coolest book, from the best friend a girl could ever wish for, with a random dinosaur but of course.






















Day 2 - I parked in lane E for Elizabeth:)


Day 3 - My dead flower that I purposely keep on display. It had been cut from my rose bush and was once a beautiful flower. This is my mood today.



Day 4 - I saw my therapist today in my next step against my depression. I have been at war with my own head for some time now. I have so much to be thankful for, so much happiness in my life, so many loved ones to love and to love me back. I know all of this and I give thanks.

But I still get sad. I look down at my life, at the mess, the confusion, and wonder 'how did I get here?' Then I wait. I wait till the feeling passes, and I move on with my life.

I want to capture this feeling, understand it, and then conquer it. Then maybe I can not only know my blessings, but to be able to live happily beside them.


Day 5 - Good day or bad. I always have my nightstand.


Day 6 - We have been going to the library on post since we first got here. They have come to be a second family to us.
I of course starting going for the girls. Story time, crafts, movies. But before the summer they asked if I could start reading as well. I said, who has time for reading? But they were persistent, so I tried. I am reading my 6th book since then and I can not thank them enough for giving my love of reading back to me.
I also have started reading the Bible every day which is something I hope to do every day for the rest of my life.
For any of my friends who have put down their books because life has become too hectic. You should go to your library and make some time. It was worth it for me.



Day 7 - I had planned on a picture of my church today. But this evening my father called me to let me know that Grandpa has finally found peace. I immediatly wished I could go find something significant enough to take a picture of. As I was trying to think of something Robin looked outside and noticed how bright the sky was for night. I ran right out and got a picture.

Maybe my Grandfather was so happy to see his maker, he filled the sky with light, as a reminder to us that though we are sad to be left behind, Grandpa is in an amazing place now. We will all be lucky enough one day to be allowed the chance to meet up with him again when it is our time.

Grandpa will be terribly missed. But while we feel the loss of a good person, the heavens rejoice for he is finally home.

I love you Mom and I am so sorry for the sadness this brings to you!

Day 8 - This is what time it is. And I have to finish packing and get to bed. Bright and early I am off to Florida to be with my family.

Who needs sleep? Well, I do;)

I promise while I am away, I will take my picture each day. I may not be able to post them until I'm home. But I will not cheat. Cross my heart ... X


Day 9 - First night in Florida. We really know how to live it up:)

This trip was exhausting for everyone. But we are all glad to have been with our family during this time. My Grandmother was so pleased to have her loved ones near, and sad to see us all go.

No comments:

Post a Comment