Saturday, December 31, 2011

Project 365 - Day 10 - 19

Day 10 -

The day of the funeral.

This is a picture I took of my favorite picture displayed of Grandma and Grandpa.



















Day 11 - This is a tree that I thought was so interesting looking in Florida. I'm not sure what the name of it is, but it provides great shade.


Day 12 - This is the name tag outside of my Grandmothers apartment. I pray for her sake, that they keep it as it is. I can't imagine being married for 67 years, spending all of your time with another, sharing your life with another, and then coming back from a meal to see only your name outside of your door. How incredibly sad that would be for her.

Poor Grandma.


Day 13 - My favorite part of the day!!!

What a very trying day it had been. But night night time finally came around, and I was able to put the girls in their room and close this door. Amazing feeling after this trip.

We all got a good night sleep. I hope that my sisters and niece were able to get the same, being that two little girls kept them awake for the trip as well:)


Day 14 - My church, Vive Church.

I love my church, I love everyone that is a part of this church, and everyone who will be. Vive Church has made Sunday my favorite day of the week. I love to go be around good people with a good purpose, and get brought back to life ... week after week. This place and the people who make this place whole are my sanctuary.





Day 15 - My I care book.

When I got home from FL, I had a card waiting for me from our friends
Aimee Schmidt and Robert Barnard. It was a pretty card (it is green, my favorite color). The card was a sympathetic gesture that really touched me. I know that my friends know that I'm ok, and I know that they are thinking of me. But they still went out of their way to let me know.

The card got me thinking about all of the people I know who are in need. Then I thought about all the ways that I can easily show that I care. Maybe I can help accomplish a task, help make someones day a little easier, or just give a little something to say that they are being thought of. Then I started to write down the people I knew and their troubles.

The book is so pretty that I thought it should have a name. So I am naming it my I care book. I hope to aid every name in my book in a special way.

Is this one too many projects for me? Probably. But with the way I feel, I need too many projects. Maybe one for each mood:) I spend all day not being able to avoid my own thoughts. But while reading over the names in my book, maybe, just for a moment, I can think of how to help give someone else strength. Maybe putting myself aside for a moment wouldn't be such a bad idea;)

My father sends out a devotional each day, which usually contain a couple quotes. Today he quoted Charles Kingsley. Make it a rule, and pray to God to help you keep it, never lie down at night without being able to say: “I have made at least one human being a little wiser, a little happier, or a little better today.” - Charles Kingsley. This is the first line written in my book.



Day 16 - Here it is, in your face. My Nemesis.

I dread my weekly trip to the commissary. But I do what I need to do. I get as organized as possible. Ready with my list, my coupons (if any these days), and my reusable bags all ready to go.

Sometimes it's as soon as we walk in the door, sometimes it takes a few moments to start up ... but it always happens. Crying children (MY crying children), rude fellow shoppers, slow service, the long long lines, groceries packed poorly, and the walk to the car when the tip must be presented. I hate everything about the commissary.

This is my vent on the dreaded commissary. May I not have to deal with this experience for another week!


Day  17 - The hardest part for me with my depression, is losing quality time with my girls. I'm always behind on chores, my patience is low, and sometimes I'm just sad.

Today was a tough day for me. But I forced myself to allow Isabella some time to learn how to decorate cupcakes with me. She made four of them, and then ate two of them:)

Time with Isabella and Anne is one of the most important things to me. I want to share all of my likes with them. I also want to give them plenty of room to find what they like and where their skills lie.

Of course this project didn't help with me being behind on my chores. But my loving Rob came home and picked up for me. So now I'm going to sit with my Snookums, have a glass of wine, and just try to put aside sad feelings for now.

And maybe have a cupcake;)


Day 18 - Day eighteen.



Here's to a better day:)


Day 19 - After some time of attending Vive Church, I was asked to bake for new comers. I thought it was a great idea, and I was excited to get started. I now am addicted and hope that I never have to stop. I love learning new recipes, tweaking them to my liking, and then becoming comfortable with them.

As for decorating, I still have a lot to learn:) But I do enjoy trying out new ideas for icing, piping, and playing with colors.

Will I ever be exceptional? Probably not. But I hope to always enjoy myself while baking something scrumptious.

No comments:

Post a Comment