Tuesday, January 03, 2012

A Baker's Friend


In October my friend Rebecca Webster and I baked for our church's one year anniversary. We had only made fondant once before for my daughters second birthday party. It was a challenge, but one ... in the end ... enjoyed. I loved having a friend in the chaos with me. It also helped that she is way more talented than I:)



Rebecca herself holding her masterpiece. She does not have a blog for me to credit her, but I will make sure she knows that this post does exist.

Pistachio cupcakes with sugar cookies on top

I called this the cupcake graveyard
Happy Birthday Vive

The other two cakes, cupcakes, and cookies were all gone. The pretty cake saved for last. No one wanted to cut into it, so our friend Robin did the job for us.


My silly friend had to go and get stationed somewhere else;) I still want to call her late at night when I thought of some crazy idea I want to try. We only got to do this and my sweet Anne's birthday cake together. I hope she is still baking. I know I am! I'm sure I will love to look back at my first large project years from now when hopefully I am a master at baking;)



No comments:

Post a Comment