Monday, January 02, 2012

Project 365 - Day 161



Today Rob and I had to deal with some realities of this world that we had hoped to never face. And of course with the bad comes a restless mind.

Bringing children into this world is a daring act. We are given these little creatures that we love more than we knew we could. All we want to do is keep them in our arms forever and never let a hair be harmed. But we can't do that. We have to be prepared to accept that the world will hurt them, just as it has most of us.

While thinking too much I was pulled to these frames I hung in their bedroom. To think that not only were they small enough for these dresses at one time, but that these dresses were huge on them. These are the dresses my girls wore as we left the safety of the hospital and were brought home. As difficult as those times were for a very tired mom and dad, I wonder, were these the easy times?


No comments:

Post a Comment